What is a "Professional Coach", anyway?
When I started coaching in 2003, many called themselfs "coach" already. I have decided to contribute to the development of this profession and to be in line with the "gold standard" for coaching, the credentialing system of the International Coach Federation (ICF). In 2011, I was credentialed as "Professional Certified Coach (PCC)". What does this mean?
- I have signed the ICF's Code of Ethics.
- I have more than 2'000 hours billed coaching hours experience.
- I have gone through numerous coach specific training programs.
- I have worked with a mentor coach (and still do) to further develop my coaching style.
- I have passed the ICF's exams for PCC including live coaching sessions.
Of course, this is not a guarantee for a successful coaching. But I am convinced that being in line with the ICF's standard helps professionalize any coach's service. This is why I have contributed to the ICF Switzerland
as board member for many years, from 2012 to 2012 as national president.